The C6 HDR2000 Colorimeter is field-upgradeable with CalMAN, meaning that supported display technologies are automatically updated when the device connects with the software. Every C6 HDR2000 Colorimeter sold is first certified in Portrait Display's calibration lab and shipped with a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) certificate of accuracy.
The C6 HDR2000 is designed and specified to measure luminance accuracy at a range up to 2000 cd/m2.
- Supports all display technologies including HDR, plasma, LCD LED, front-projection and OLED.
- Field upgradeable for new display technologies and calibration tables with spectral characterization technology.
- Advanced low-light handling with dynamic iris to optimize accuracy and measurement speed.
- Luminance accuracy at a range up to 2000 cd/m2.
- Advanced light and color dichroic glass filters provide spectral accuracy and environmental stability over time.
- Sealed optics and sensors for increased lifespan.
- NIST certified in SpectraCal's calibration lab prior to shipping.
- Built-in ambient light diffuser and tripod mount.
- Portrait Displays C6 HDR2000 Colorimeter
- Professional Carrying Case
- Tripod Extension hardware
- NIST Certificate of Accuracy
- One-Year Limited Warranty
Required Software Version
- CalMAN Version 4.4 or newer for SpectraCal branded C6 and C6 HDR2000
- 22.214.171.124 or newer for Revised Portrait Displays C6 HDR2000
- No external drivers needed; the meter is configured as a Windows HID device.
Note: The C6 Meter can only be used with CalMAN. It will not connect to other calibration solutions
The C6 HDR2000 includes an attached white disk diffuser for use when taking ambient light measurements or measuring direct light sources such as a projector in direct view mode. In all other modes, the diffuser is not used. The diffuser pops slightly away from the meter body and swings away from the lens.
Flat Panels and Rear Projectors
The C6 HDR2000 should be positioned with the face of the meter squarely in contact with the center of a flat panel or rear projector screen, to block ambient light. The cable counterweight can be draped over the top of the display to facilitate this.
The C6 HDR2000 has a tripod mount for use in non-contact mode, to measure front projector screens. The C6 HDR2000 should be placed about three feet (1 meter) back from the screen.
CalMAN Connection Procedure
- Plug the C6 HDR2000 into a USB port. The built-in Windows HID driver will be installed automatically.
- From the Meter Settings panel, click Find Meter.
- On the Find Meters popup dialog:
- Leave Com Port set to default.
- Select "All meters not listed below"
- Click Search.
Meter Mode (Target Display Type)
Select the Meter Mode that corresponds to the display backlight/pixel technology that you wish to measure or calibrate.
- LCD (CCFL)
- LCD (CCFL Wide Gamut)
- LCD (CCFL Wide Gamut) - FSI
- LCD (LED White)
- LCD (LED White Wide Gamut)
- LCD (LED White Yellow) – Sharp Quattron
- LCD (LED RGB)
- LCD (LED RGB Wide Gamut) – HP LP2480zx DreamColor
- LCD (LED RG Phosphor)
- LCD (LED Blue Green)
- LCD (LED Blue Green) – HP ZBook
- LCD (LED PFS Phosphor)
- LCD (LED PFS Phosphor) - Eizo CG3145, FSI XMK
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Samsung 2015
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Samsung 2016
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Samsung 2017
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Samsung 2018
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Samsung 2019 4K
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Samsung 2019 8K
- LCD (LED Quantum Dot) – Vizio RS65
- LCD - 2018 LG SuperUHD LCD
- OLED (RGB)
- OLED (White) – LG, Panasonic
- OLED (White) – LG, Panasonic, FSI, Sony 2018
- Projector (CRT)
- Projector (UHP)
- Projector (White LED)
- Projector (RGB LED)
- Projector (Xenon)
- Projector (Laser Phosphor)
- Projector (Laser Phosphor) – Panasonic RZ12K
- Projector (Laser Phosphor) – Panasonic RZ970
- Rear Projector (CRT)
- Rear Projector (UHP)
- Rear Projector (LED)
- Current – diffuser enabled
- Takes previously selected profile, and allows the use of the ambient light diffuser
- Ambient Light - diffuser
The Sync Mode is preset to the mode that usually works best for each different display technology. If meter readings are unstable, try the other settings. (Also, try the Source Delay Optimize.)
Low Light Handler
When enabled, the low light handler averages multiple meter samples per measurement, when measuring light levels below the specified Low Light Trigger level.