If a CalMAN computer cannot be connected to the internet for automatic online license activation, you will need to manually activate the CalMAN license. You will generate a license request from the CalMAN computer, download a license activation file from another computer that has internet access, copy the activation file to the CalMAN computer, and load the activation file into CalMAN.
- On the CalMAN computer that requires license activation, open the CalMAN main menu and select Licensing
- On the License dialog, enter your License ID and License Password.
Note: The License Password is case sensitive.
- Click the Generate Request button.
CalMAN will generate a file named Request.html and open a “Save Offline Activation Request” dialog.
Specify a convenient location to save the file on the CalMAN computer.
Then, copy the Request.html file to any other computer that has internet access (e.g. using a flash drive).
IMPORTANT: CalMAN needs to remain open from the time the Request file is generated until the Response activation file is loaded into CalMAN.
- On the computer with internet access, open the Request.html file. A webpage will open in your default browser
- Select Download and save the resulting Response.xml file to a convenient location.
- Then, copy the Response.xml file back to the CalMAN computer that generated the Request file.
- On the License dialog, select Load Response.
- On the Load Offline Activation Response dialog that opens, navigate to the Response.xml file that you copied from the computer with internet access and Open the file.
- The CalMAN license is now activated. The green text in the Existing Licenses section will list the CalMAN license name